We capture information about you in order to improve your experience of the Beauty Ministry community.
Beauty Ministry is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy. Please therefore take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights. Beauty Ministry (“beautyministry.com”, “we” or “us”) is the company that collects your personal data that is collected via or in connection with beautyministry.com and controls how it will be used.
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile); Contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email address;
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details, and delivery information); Online browsing activities on any of our websites including which items you store in your shopping cart;
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent to do so.
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Some personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to our Customer Support team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example when you browse our websites or undertake online shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources. We may anonymise and aggregate personal data for insight and research but this will not identify anyone.
If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information. Please note that if you do not wish to provide any personal information, you will not be able to make any form of purchase on this Site.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will provide you with a full range of personalised beauty, skincare and cosmetic recommendations designed to meet your concerns and needs. The purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- To send you marketing/promotional messages, offers, events, products and services that show you targeted advertising that may interest you, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- To help identify and contact competition winners.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to to comply or use/disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because Processing data is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because we seek to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
Our Site may allow you the option of adding additional information to your account profile, such as information about your body type, skin type, skin concern, beauty regime and goals. We treat this information with particular sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us, and can delete it or update it at any time.
To ensure you are kept up to date with the Beauty Ministry experience, we use personal data for marketing purposes, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by postal mail, texts and/or emails to update you on the latest offers and events. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us or would like to opt back in, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies. Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
As described above you have the right to opt out/or in to receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Informing us that you wish to change your marketing preferences by contacting our customer support team at email@example.com
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts.
Please note: This may not stop service messages such as order updates.
3. SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will never sell your personal data to any third parties. We may share your personal data with our carefully selected third party service providers who help us to provide better services to you. We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our logistics/warehouse service provider.
- Our couriers and similar delivery companies.
- Our payment providers.
- Our professional partners, including our marketing agencies and website hosts.
- Our IT and technical service providers.
- Other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
4. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We will treat your payment information in line with the PCI DSS standards which are recognised worldwide.
Where you register to receive our latest news, products and offers, we will keep your contact details (generally your email address and/or phone number) for such time as you wish to continue to receive such updates from us. Alternatively you can “opt out” to stop receiving marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Opt-In Communication e-mail you receive. We may need to retain your personal data for other purposes, e.g. operating your account or dealing with any enquiry you have made.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless you make a purchase from or are based in a country outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to assess the laws and practices of the destination country and relevant service provider and the security measures that are to be taken as regards the data in the overseas location; alternatively, we use standard data protection clauses.
6. HOW YOU CAN HELP TO PROTECT & UPDATE YOUR DATA
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal information/data you have submitted through our Site. However, we can not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal information/data. You are responsible for keeping your information/data on file with us up to date. This can be achieved by logging into your account and amending the details to be up to date.
You should always be cautious when sharing your personal data. That is why no one from our company (Beauty Ministry) will ever ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from beautyministry.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device within a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session. In addition, we highly recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private because anyone who knows your password may access your account or be compromised if your account is accessed without authority.
- When creating a password, use a difficult word/number combination of at least 8 characters and not easily guessed by hackers such as your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. Also, frequently change your password. This can be done in your account settings.
- Avoid using the same password for different online accounts.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Our Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such information. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and apps. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If you are under the age of 18 years, you may browse only on our Site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. For example, you cannot register or make a purchase using your information. This Site is not designed for minors and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 18.
11. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the following:
- The right to request access to personal data we are holding about you.
- The right to request that the personal data we are holding about you be updated/corrected.
- The right to request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them.
- The right to be informed about our processing or your personal data which is the aim of this Notice.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
- The right to request that your personal data be transferred to you or another provider.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing (where we are relying on your consent).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details above. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY